Monday 30 July 2012

Happy Birthday Elvis

An associate of Mark Andrew, Helen Reizer really liked the song and kindly prepared a Press Release for me. I sent this off to as many contacts as I could find. This included the Elvis communities, press agencies etc etc.
After doing the ring around and cold calling to various agencies, publications and radio stations, I finally got a break. The Parkes Elvis Festival committee called me up after I hounded them like a hound dog and asked if Mark Andrew would come to Parkes to promote the song and perform a set on the main stage.
Fantastic I thought and immediately contacted Mark to let him know. Unfortunately Mark was unable to attend as he had already made holiday plans so I had to work out a way to get myself to Parkes and have the song played over the PA.
That was achieved after I notified Parkes that I would be delighted to attend with my son and bring along a CD to give them the opportunity to play the song for the first time globally, however Mark was unable to attend due to his holiday plans but was pleased that they would play the song.
An article was also published on the Elvis information Network in Australia and the Manly Daily decided to run a story to coincide with the Parkes Elvis Festival.
I decided to release the song on Elvis Pres;ey's birthday, the 8th January 2012 as a digital download.
With the press releases, the 4000 friends that Mark Andrew had, and the invite from the Parkes Elvis Festival I was confident that we would shift plenty of copies.

No comments:

Post a Comment